[gme-users] ports on a reference

Brandon Eames beames at engineering.usu.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:19:43 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I thought I knew the answer to the following question, but practical
experience dictates otherwise.

I have a model (A) which contains ports.  Model A is assigned aspect C,
as is the parent of model A.  The ports, as well as model A are allowed
to be visualized in aspect C.

I have a reference (R) to model A.  I have another model (B) which can
contain R, but not A.  Model B is assigned aspect D (different from
aspect C).  Reference R is allowed to be visualized in Aspect D.  R is
not allowed to be visualized in aspect C.  The ports of A are not
allowed to be visualized in Aspect D.

The question is when I drop a reference to a model of type A into a
model of type B, why do I see the ports of the model to which the
reference refers on the edge of the reference?  I thought that in order
for that to work the ports would have to be "roped into" aspect D in the
metamodel?

Is there a way around seeing the ports on the reference?

Thanks,
Brandon.

Brandon Eames, PhD
Assistant Professor