[gme-users] How to specify JavaCompRegister.exe classpath

John K Black John_K_Black at raytheon.com
Fri Oct 20 14:17:22 CDT 2006

Thanks, Gyorgy.

I think the problem is simply that my classpath
is too long.  My interpreter requires several third-party JAR
files like xerces, jaxb, etc., and even putting all the JARs in a
directory with a very short name ("D:\JARS") results in a
450+ character classpath.

As an experiment I un-jar'd all the third-party JAR files into a
single directory, and specified that directory as the classpath
in JavaCompRegister.  I build my interpreter code into the
same directory.  Somehow this makes GME happy.  It's kind
of an ugly hack though...

It could be that GME is just the innocent victim in all this.
When I have time I'll dig more deeply.

Thanks,
John Black

             "Gyorgy Balogh"
             <bogyom at isis.vand
             erbilt.edu>                                                To
             Sent by:                  "gme-users"
             gme-users-bounces         <gme-users at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
             @list.isis.vander         >
             bilt.edu                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/20/2006 12:18          RE: [gme-users] How to specify
             PM                        JavaCompRegister.exe classpath

             Please respond to
              "A list for GME
              users to share
               thoughts and
             discuss bugs and
                  fixes."
             <gme-users at list.i
             sis.vanderbilt.ed
                    u>

Hi,
>I have tried entering a semi-colon separated list of JARs
Try to use colon instead of semi-colon.
Gyorgy