[gme-users] Reference Question

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 27 11:24:58 CDT 2006

We require all references in a metamodel, to have a valid aspect assigned during aspect mapping.
A reference might have different targets, models among them. These models might define a set of aspects. So such a reference if points to any of these models, might be shown as the referred models. There come the aspect in picture: during Aspect Mapping you configure a preferred aspect for such references, and the preferred aspect must be in the intersection of aspect-sets the models might have, otherwise it might lead to a case when R ref points to M model, and its preferred aspect is X, while M has no X aspect.

Zoli