[gme-users] addon creation

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:14:58 CDT 2006

I'm really just trying to populate an attribute of a reference with the
name of its referent, and keep those two things consistent in all
circumstances.

I'm running into some problems:
*	It is not possible to initialize the attribute to the correct
value when the reference is created directly from the referent (using
ctrl+shift or paste-as-reference). This is because the object creation
event is produced before the reference is directed to point to the
referent.
*	Similarly, the 'REFERENCED' event is not produced for the
referent when a new reference is created using ctrl+shift or
paste-as-reference.
*	None of the events seem to be keyed to the action of changing
which object a reference points to.

--Matt