[gme-users] Advice on using GME Merge

Adam Nagel nagelar at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Aug 24 10:24:39 CDT 2007

Does anyone have tips on the best way to divide a model using Copy Closures so
that it can be efficiently merged back together with the GME Merge component?
We are currently using this technique to allow different areas of a model to
be edited simultaneously, but the merge is terribly slow.  One test case has
run all night without completing.  Other small test cases take 15-20 minutes
to run.

The language that we are using makes heavy use of references and subtypes.

Any advice for carefully crafting the closures to merge efficiently would be
appreciated.

-- Adam