[gme-users] Constraint definition errors

Sumant Tambe sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:58:20 CST 2007

Hi folks,

I am getting constraint definition errors to a bunch of constraints
while importing a model from an xme. But while editing the same
constraint in the Equation: box of a constraint, I don't get any error.
In other words, MetaGME does not scream at the constraint but while
importing a model it does.

This happens for the constraints that use self.attachingConnections(*)
or self.ConnectedFCOs(*). The constraint definition error says "Neither
Type, Variable, implicit attribute nor implicit Association (*) exists."
Where in fact the association at the place of * does exist.

These errors show up in CQML, which uses PICML as a library and all the
types involved in the constraint are defined in CQML. Is it an issue
with namespaces?

Please let me know if you have any clues.

Thanks,

Sumant.