[gme-users] RE: GME under Vista

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 3 22:32:39 CDT 2007

Hi Jason,

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 03:22:24 PM -0500, Jason Scott wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Does anyone have any experience running GME under Vista? Any issues?
>
> Specifically, we're having trouble registering an interpreter in GME
> 6.11.9, under Vista, built with Visual Studio 2005.

Self-registration as normal user is deprecated in Vista.  You need to
logged in as admin to be able to register interpreters under Vista; it's
not sufficient if you are a member of the administrators group.  You can
also start a command window as administrator and try it from that window.
It's much simpler if you just setup the registry entries with a script and
with lower privileges.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University