[gme-users] Populating a model with an addon

Bryan Perozzi bperozzi at atl.lmco.com
Tue Jul 31 09:15:11 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm creating a BON2 add-on for GME 7.6.29 to populate a model based on events. In the process I've observed some unusual errors. For instance, the following code creates a folder and then a model as its child, but always throws “(0x8073200C): No territory has been selected” seemingly after leaving the context of the add-on.

objectEventPerformed( Object& object, unsigned long event, VARIANT v )
{
if (object->getObjectMeta().name() == "System")
{
Folder root = object->getParentFolder();

Folder folder = Folder::create(root, "FolderType");
folder->setName("NewFolderName");
Model model = Model::create(folder, "ModelType");
}
}

Now, the code the add-on is using is pulled from a working interpreter that I wrote earlier on.

Does anyone have any insight on why object creation seems to function differently between add-ons and interpreters, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
- Bryan

Bryan Perozzi
Lockheed Martin ATL