[gme-users] constraints

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed May 2 12:31:35 CDT 2007

Hi Adi,

On Wed, 02 May 2007 12:24:18 PM -0500, Aditya Agrawal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use the java API to create an interpreter that creates models
> and atoms in GME.
>
> I followed the manual and created the test interpreter. In the test
> interpreter System.out.println was use and I was expecting to see a similar
> output in the command window section of GME. I don't see any output and if I
> run it a second time the interpreter crashes with the following error
> message

My request for tying standard error to the console window didn't go too far :-)

I think the only way for you to get debug output is to write to a file.
Sometime ago there was a posting on gme-users that described how to setup
Eclipse to allow you to step into your java code.  We don't (still) have
archive search capability for out mailing list, so you might have to do
some googling.

> "Internal error while executing java interpreter"
>
> I am using the Java 5.0 compiler and was wondering if there is a specific
> version that I should be using.

There was a specific version requirement (i.e., Java 1.4.2) for the
previous version of GME.  This prevented GME from loading interpreters
written with Java 5.0.  I am not sure about the status of that bug.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University