[gme-users] Iterating through connections using a pattern based interpreter

Animesh Pathak animesh at halcyon.usc.edu
Fri May 18 15:05:36 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to convert a model we use to an XML file of a certain format
for our work. Our models consist of two types of objects [say A and B],
connected by connections of two types [ AtoB and BtoA ].

Using the pattern-based-interpretation techniques described in Lesson 7
of the GME tutorial, I was able to create the XML corresponding to all
the A and B type nodes. However, we have also assigned attributes to the
AtoB and BtoA connections, and I am unable to find a way to access the
attributes of them using statements like

$!EVAL_FORALL("R:AtoB","$Attributename")

which seem to work fine for

$!EVAL_FORALL("R:A","$Attributename")

I am beginning to suspect that the EVAL_FORALL and other functions can
only work on objects, and not connectors, and I will end up having to
write a full interpretor in C++/Java.

I did a search on the archives of this list, but was not able to find
the answer to my question. Any help in this matter will be greatly
appreciated.

bests,
Animesh

--
---"The way of progress is neither swift nor easy"- Marie Curie.
Animesh Pathak
animesh at halcyon.usc.edu