[gme-users] Error in meta-model when interpreting: "Details of the 2nd role following: Not Inherited Role, Not Long form, Is Not Port, Cardinality: 0..*"

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 11 12:56:22 CDT 2007

Generally this error happens when people specify a model to contain an
abstract class, and then specify by accident another containment,
between the model and one of the derived classes (from the abstact one),
thus duplicating, specifying twice the containment of a part. That is
how role duplication occurs.

I can't see this scenario happening in your case (based on the picture),
but make sure that you don't have any containment specified between
'FunctionBlock' and 'InputInterface' (on other paradigmsheets), or any
other base class (if any) of 'RateParameter'. Until you find the mistake
(if any), it is good to know that you are safe (the metainterpreter
found the duplication and removed it).

Br, Zoli