[gme-users] [Fwd: [udm-users] problem switching back from UDM 3.1.2to 3.1.1]

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 18 09:07:02 CDT 2007

If MetaMAid is in your way, i.e. crashes GME when Libraries are present
in MetaGME language do the following:

To do steps after installing GME7.6.29:

1. Open any MetaGME project (e.g. C:\Program
Files\GME\Paradigms\SF\SFMeta.mga if you installed GME into the default
C:\Program Files directory)
2. Select File menu | Register Components menuitem
3.1. In the Components dialog find the component named MetaMAid
3.2. In the radio button set called 'Register' select 'System'
3.3. While the MetaMAid component is shown as selected press Toggle, to
turn off that component.
4. After closing the dialog GME will notify you that the 'Add-on
configuration was changed', and will ask you if you wish to restart
add-ons. Select 'No'.
5. Close the MetaGME project (e.g. SFMeta.mga)

As a result the MetaMAid component will be turned off for all projects
created in the MetaGME paradigm.
The MetaMAid component is helping beginner metamodelers to avoid typical
mistakes during metamodeling. The reason for turning it off is that the
version shipped with GME 7.6.29 has conflicts with GME projects
containing Model libraries.

---
If you decided to switch back to earlier GME/UDM install pair, and you
still face that problem that UDM sees the later version of GME I am
really interested to find out whether after a machine restart the
problem still persisted?

Zoli