[gme-users] Calling 'MGA.Interpreter.MetaGME2Uml' Programatically

Chris vanBuskirk Chris.vanBuskirk at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Apr 27 20:34:23 CDT 2008

> There is a command line version of metagmetouml:
>
> MetaGME2UML <MetaGME filename> <UML filename>
>
> Hope it helps for you.
>
> Thanks,
> Feng

After running this tool the timestamp of my original MetaGME.mga file is
not updated.  Isn't that a problem for some situtations?

For example, when running the MetaGME2UML interpreter interactively, GME
will warn you that the process of exporting this paradigm to UML has
actually written back modifications to your original MetaGME model (e.g.
you might want to re-register the paradigm).

In my case, I want to create a series of scripts that (a) check out an
XME for some MetaGME paradigm from the source code control system,  ...
(b) generate some UDM stuff ... & (c) check the updated XME back into
SVN (where these 'updates' came from the process of exporting the
MetaGME to UML).

--
Chris

P.S.  Thanks; I think I've found the source code to the interpreter now.
It was in the GReAT codebase, not the GME sources?