[gme-users] Complaining about attributes

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:43:35 CDT 2008

Suppose I want to use the same attribute name in two different paradigms
(for something generic like "Frequency" or "MessageSize").   MetaGME
disallows the use of duplicate names in the global namespace, and there are
no "Attribute Proxy" objects, so we end up with something like the attached
model.   Atom1 is imported into Paradigm1 to get the attribute, but then
Paradigm1 is polluted with an Atom that doesn't belong to that paradigm
conceptually.

So -- it seems like the only useful solution is to make a separate paradigm
sheet for global/generic attributes, and pull in proxies for everything that
needs to use those attributes.  The question -- is there are cleaner way to
do this?

Thanks,
-Joe