[gme-users] Accessing "Preferences" from an Interpreter

Larry Howard larry.howard at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Mar 2 09:42:19 CST 2008

Simon,

Yes, such preferences are accessed through an object's registry.  You
will need to consult the documentation concerning the registry (in
"MGA Library") to learn about subtle concepts like the "opacity" of
registry nodes and how the registries are organized.  I also recommend
using the Registry Editor (Edit->Registry) in GME to observe how the
registry entries are made when you set preferences using the Attribute
Browser.  But the actual programming in Python is typically
straightforward:

         regNode = someObj.RegistryNode("color")
         regNode.Value = "0x0000ff"

Regards,
lph
--
Larry Howard, Sr. Research Scientist
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Vanderbilt University