[gme-users] Export to xme cutting off doubles

Simon Görke simon.goerke at ils.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 10 11:48:45 CST 2008

Hello,

if I store a number with a lot of decimal places (e.g. 0.0001220703125) into
a double-typed attribute, save the GME model to a mga file an reopen it, the
number is displayed in the attribute panel without any problems (i.e. it is
successfully stored in the .mga file).

However, if I export this .mga to .xme, the number of decimal places seems
to be limited. In the example, 0.00012207 is stored in the xme (i.e. 8
decimal places), the rest is skipped.
Strange enough, the number of used decimal places does not seem to be
constant, e.g. 0,000171661376953 is exported as 0,000171661 (9 decimal
places).
Is there any remedy to avoid this loss of precision?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Simon Görke

Dipl.-Ing. Simon Görke
Institut für Luftfahrtsysteme (ILS)