[gme-users] java code generation from sequence-style diagram in GME

Csaba Toth ctoth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Apr 20 10:57:53 CDT 2009

Dear Cui Wei,

Sorry for the delayed answer. I don't know such examples for Java
interpreters.

Answering your previous Java interpreter question: you cannot change the
icon as far as I know.

The Java support in GME is quite outdated it was only an experimental
feature. There are several architectural reasons why it's development
has not continued. However in the next release of the GME there will be
a slightly updated version but only for backwards compatibility.

I'd advise you to either use C++ or Python to write your interpreters.
You can try to use Java but in its current state you have to have deep
understanding of COM to be successful and even then you'll only have
limited functionality.

Hope this helps,

Csaba