[gme-users] Using Add-on Thread to Manipulate Model

Jerry Lin jerrylin at usc.edu
Wed Sep 16 15:15:44 CDT 2009

Hello all.

I am trying to manipulate the working model using an add-on, however it
seems that I cannot do so from my own thread.

I am able to apply the events if I put the code in the
Component::objectEventPerformed method which is called by a non-addon thread
(GME core thread).  I, however, need to apply these actions in real time and
not when the next objectEvent occurs.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to work around this or how I may trigger
the objectEventPerformed method in a polling fashion?

Thank you for any suggestions.

-Jerry