[gme-users] Nested transactions

James H. Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Thu Aug 5 07:52:47 CDT 2010

Hi Peter,

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

Are there any plans to make sure a feature available in interpreters? I
can see a case were you may have an interpreter that:

. starts a root transactions
. makes incremental updates to the model in nested transactions
. commits its current modifications to force the *add-on* to execute
. commits root transactions once everything is complete

I would think that nested transactions would make this use cause much
easier to implement without *duplicating* a LOT of code. Or, do you know
a workaround for *emulating* nested transactions in interpreters to
prevent duplicating a LOT of code or causing tight coupling of code?!

Thanks,

James