[gme-users] OCL and GME Question

Kyle Zielinski zielins1 at seattleu.edu
Thu Jul 8 23:30:28 CDT 2010

I'm using XTeam (http://www-scf.usc.edu/~gedwards/xteam.html), and more
specifically, extending the SafexADL paradigm on top of GME.  I'm trying
to add some constraints with my models, but am having problems
understanding just what OCL is capable of in GME.  (Not only that, but
it's my first time attempting OCL.)

We're using SafexADL to model and then simulate system architectures.  I
have a hierarchy (the general structure of which comes from XTeam) that
goes like this:

Root Folder
     Architecture Folder (Type: Folder Kind: Architecture)
         Architecture Folder (Type: Folder Kind: Architecture)
             Architecture (Type: Model, Kind: Architecture)
                 Component1 (Type: Model, Kind: Component)
                 Component2 (Type: Model, Kind: Component)
             Architecture2
                 Component1
                 Component2
         Elements Folder (Type: Folder, Kind: Elements)
         (more folders)

What I'm trying to do is simply ensure that two components in the same
Architecture (that's of Type: Model, Kind: Architecture, not folders)
can't have the same component name.  At first, I had:

let mySet = project.allInstancesOf( Component ) in
mySet->isUnique( c | c.name)

I realized though, that this wouldn't work with the above example,
because it gets all the components, period.  So I tried this:

let archBag = project.allInstancesOf( Architecture )->collect(
oclAsType( Model )) in
archBag->forAll( arch | let compSet = arch.models( Component ) in
compSet->isUnique(v | v.name) )

Which would catch the constraint ... and then crash GME.

Any suggestions?

Kyle Zielinski