[gme-users] Hierarchical menus for Tools | Run Interpreter...

James H. Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Mon Jul 19 11:14:34 CDT 2010

Hi,

Right now we have a DSML that has at 16 different interpreters, and this
does not include those that are disabled. Moreover, the number of
interpreters for the DSML will continue to grow.

When we select Tools | Run Interpreter... we get a LONG list of
interpreters. Although this is very useful, its hard for our sponsors to
navigate to the correct interpreter.

Is there a way to add hierarchy to the interpreters displayed under
Tools | Run Interpreter... based on a logic provided by a DSML developer.

For example:

   Tools >
     Run Interpreter... >
       Interpreter A
       Interpreter B
       [USER DEFINED GROUP] >
         Interpreter C
         Interpreter D
       [USER DEFINED GROUP] >
         Interpreter E
         [USER DEFINED GROUP] >
           Interpreter F
       Interpreter G

If such a feature does not exist, is there a way to request this in the
upcoming version of GME and can you point me to the location to make the
request?

Thanks,

James