[gme-users] Upgrading components from previous versions of GME
sprinkle at ECE.Arizona.Edu
Wed Jun 23 17:48:39 CDT 2010
(Apologies if this is the second msg that shows up).
I'm (finally?) upgrading to GME 10, and let me first off say: well done GME team on maintaining binary compatibility w/ MGA files!!!!
For my interpreters (all from GME7), it doesn't seem that easy, though. I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it, than regenerating the interpreter in GME10's interface, and then copying my old cpp/h files to that new directory and then modifying Bon2component.cpp
I tried to do it piecemeal by recompiling the existing source, but:
1) the location of includes is different now, in $(GME)\SDK
2) the names of some generated files are different, e.g.,
BON.h includes ComponentLib_h.h instead of ComponentLib.h, but
even though I use the new ComponentLib.idl, the name of the generated
file is not updated.
If anyone has experience or advice (or can point me to a document that explains it) I am much obliged. I have a few dozen interpreters from my MIC course, and would like to make the situation fairly painless, if possible. Especially since there are many interpreters that are contained in a single project. :)
For tech info, I tried recompiling only in VC2005. In VC2008, I get the (previously known) error found here:
But I have not tried to fix those problems, as even VC2005 didn't work. If there isn't a body of knowledge on how to do this, I'll just bite the bullet and regen all the interpreters.
More information about the gme-users