[gme-users] GME Tutorial Question

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-ED Software Inc.) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Thu Mar 18 16:33:10 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I am trying to follow the GME tutorial. It has been many, many years since I wrote an interpreter. I was specifically intrigued with the BON2 Extender.

I have generated the visitor classes using the BON2Extender interpreter in GME, and my whole project builds fine. What I can't seem to figure out is how to get my visitor invoked.

In my simple interpreter (based on the tutorial) I have this:

networkingVisitor::networkingVisitor()
{
  myfile.open("Abdul.txt");
}

bool networkingVisitor::visitHost( const Networking::Host& object )
{
      if ( !object)
            return false;

  myfile << "Abdul Abdul Abdul" << std::endl;

      return true;
}

Abdul.txt never gets created. It is not clear to me where I should instantiate my visitor and call accept() method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abdul