[gme-users] Constraint checker options are gray

James H. Hill hillj at cs.iupui.edu
Mon Oct 25 15:51:56 CDT 2010

Hi Kevin,

Here is the response for the sponsors:

---
I checked the 32-bit XP machine I use that does NOT have the problem,
and it WAS enabled (!).

I then checked one of the 64-bit Vista machines we train on that DOES
have the problem, and the ConstraintManager was shown as being disabled
(-).  So, I simply selected it, hit "Toggle" to turn it on, and then OK.
A popup dialog asked me if I wanted to restart Addons.  I said yes, and
when it came back, the ConstraintManager was shown as enabled (!).
Moreover, constraint checking WAS available ("Check All" no longer
grayed out from menus) at this point, and I was able to do a constraint
check.  Problem fixed!
---

So, do you know if any circumstances where the constraint checker would
not be enabled by default since the problems were experienced after a
fresh install.

Again, thanks a LOT for your help!!

Thanks,

James