[gme-users] Too many passes while parsing XML file error

Kevin Smyth ksmyth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:41:38 CDT 2011

Yes, this only happens when there is a circular reference. For example,
if you have a subtype, then move the archetype into the subtype, there
is a circular reference. Or if a set has a reference member that
references the set. Or a simple circular reference chain.

Unfortunately, due to the design of the xme parser, the only way to
determine what is happening is with a debugger.

Kevin