[gme-users] Compiling issues (pt 2)

Andrew N wither at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 20:01:24 CDT 2012

Thanks a lot for your help so far guys. Do I need to configure a SMTP
server or will just changing the email suffice? To turn off frame-pointer
optimization, should I use the /Oy- flag? I found some documentation
suggesting that but it was pretty old. Finally I'm running into the wall
building the MSI w/ python. Again, apologies for the vague error message.

Building GME version 12.4.28 x86
0. Check prerequisites (required tools, etc.) ...
Warning: SVN client cannot be found! You won't be able to check in & tag
release
1. Update version strings in source files ...
2. Compile GME core components ...
3. Compile MetaGME components ...
4. Compile Java component support (JBON) ...
!!! Build FAILED: step compile_JBON
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build.py", line 452, in <module>
    do_step(i, build_steps[i])
  File "build.py", line 321, in do_step
    step()
  File "build.py", line 173, in compile_JBON
    tools.build_VS( sln_file, "Release" )
  File "C:\GME-12.4.20_src\Install\Build\tools.py", line 133, in build_VS
    subprocess.check_call(args, stdout=(sys.stdout if prefs['verbose'] else
nulf
p), stderr=None, shell=True)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\subprocess.py", line 488, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['msbuild',
'C:\\GME-12.4.20_src\\SDK\\J
ava\\native\\JavaSupport.sln', '/t:Build', '/p:Configuration=Release']'
returned
 non-zero exit status 1