[gme-users] invoking interpreters

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:37:32 CST 2012

Sumit,

The chief advantage with UDM is that you can use the XML backend to write
standalone interpreters that are completely independent of GME.  The Udm
installation comes with a utility called UdmCopy that can convert a GME
model into the equivalent XML digestable by Udm.  Your interpreter will
need to include the Udm-generated code, and either include the generated
xsd file in your distribution or else compile it into the code (see the Udm
command-line options).  Instead of all of the COM infrastructure that you
used to integrate your interpreter code into GME, you can simply write a
main function that loads the specified model file and invokes your logic.
 The only tricks are to link against the UDM library, and to make sure you
commit model changes before closing.  UdmCopy and Udm should both provide
command-line help when run from the prompt.

Is that what you're after?

-Joe