[gme-users] Metamodeling and libraries

Simon Görke simon.goerke at ils.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Sep 12 10:06:29 CDT 2012

Kevin,

> How are the libraries arranged? As I understand, test.mga
> attaches lib2 and lib3. Lib2 attaches lib1, and lib3 attaches
> lib1.

Correct.

If this is the case, then the project contains lib1
> twice. The MetaInterpreter will see lib1's object multiple
> times, which is disallowed.

Ok, so this is a limitation of the MetaInterpreter and not a modeling
problem on my side.
However I found out that (indirectly) attaching lib1 twice works as long as
the entities in this library are abstract and their attributes have set
"Globale Scope" to "false" (the latter requirement I unfortunately only
found out after my first post).

For my problem (ensuring identical attributes of entities in different
mgas), this is sufficient as I can inherit from the (abstract) lib1-entities
in lib2, lib3 as well as test.mga without issues.

Thanks for your help.

Simon