[gme-users] Java Interpreter Registration

Kevin Smyth kevin.m.smyth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:36:54 CDT 2016

Hi Stefano,

GME does not properly report the path to Java interpreters, so that is not
an indication of the error.

Instead of the "X" icon, you should see a Java cup. Be sure you are running
32-bit GME. Under Help->About GME, it should read "16.3.23... x86". It is
"GME" from the start menu, not "GME (64 bit)". Java interpreters do not
work with 64-bit GME.

I can reproduce your error message if I try to run the Java interpreter in
64-bit GME:
---------------------------
GME
---------------------------
Component execution failed: Class not registered

: 'Mga.Interpreter.TestJava'
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
(I believe "interfaccia non registrata" is not the correct translation of
that error code. The first google result for it is this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3960437/net-comexception-interface-non-registered
Which points to REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG, which is "Class not registered"
according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704587.aspx)

There is only one source of registration for User (non-system) mode. If you
run JavaCompRegister.exe and select "Register systemwide", it should not
show up in 64-bit GME, since in the System registry, 32- and 64-bit are
separated. (Unregister the interpreter first if you want to try this)

Kevin

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Iannucci, Stefano <stefano at dasi.msstate.edu