[gme-users] About Port Location

Somesh Das somesh_au at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 04:20:24 CST 2017

Hi Kevin,
Thanks, Its working. Thanks & Regards
Somesh Das

    On Monday, March 6, 2017 8:59 PM, Kevin Smyth <kevin.m.smyth at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Somesh,
The decorator is responsible for determining where the ports are.
The default decorator has this code:if ((*ii)->portPart->GetInnerPosition().x <= WIDTH_MODELSIDE || (*ii)->portPart->GetInnerPosition().x < lMax / 2){ mapPrefs[PREF_LABELLOCATION] = PreferenceVariant(m_bPortLabelInside ? L_EAST : L_WEST); m_LeftPorts.push_back((*ii)->portPart);} else { mapPrefs[PREF_LABELLOCATION] = PreferenceVariant(m_bPortLabelInside? L_WEST: L_EAST); m_RightPorts.push_back((*ii)->portPart);}
lMax is the maximum x location of the ports. WIDTH_MODELSIDE is 100.

You could also ask the decorator. The basic procedure.Query your model's registry for "/decorator". If it doesn't exist, use "MGA.BoxDecorator" (the default decorator)CoCreateInstance the decoratorCall decorator.InitializeCall decorator.GetPorts (the decorator may choose to not display all ports)Call decorator.GetPortLocation for each port
Hope that helps.Kevin