[gme-users] Decorator mouse events and draw functions

Cinthya Lopez Cinthya_K_Lopez at raytheon.com
Mon Feb 12 13:58:43 CST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to implement a Decorator. I used the SampleDecorator.cs file that comes with GME install. I was able to run the decorator and catch the MouseLeftButtonDoubleClick event, which is the event I am interested in. This sample decorator is doing some drawing functionality that is currently overwriting the icon/appearance I had set for my Atom in my metamodel. The only thing I am interested in doing with the Decorator at this point is to catch the mouse event, but the MgaElementDecorator interface seems to require the implementation of certain functions such as Draw, GetPreferredSize, SetLocation, GetLocation. My question is, is there a way to have the decorator take a default implementation for these functions? Basically I don't want the decorator to chance anything about the appearance of my Atom, I just want to be able to catch the mouse event and perform some functionality from there.

Thanks,
Cinthya