[gme-users] Adding context menu items through a decorator

Cinthya Lopez Cinthya_K_Lopez at raytheon.com
Wed Feb 28 15:13:05 CST 2018

Hi Kevin,

I think I found the reason why this CTX_MENU_ID works and also why my context menu item is disabled for instances of my atoms.

When I look in the GME 14.12.4 source code in the file GMEView.cpp, function CGMEView::OnCmdMsg(…). This function seems to check for a range of context menu IDs for Decorators, which goes from 0x4001 to 0x4101, this is around line 6844. This function also makes a call to an Enable function as “pUI->Enable(isType)” which seems to set the control as disabled if the object is not a “Type”.

If I am understanding the source code correctly the context menu item showing as disabled for instances of an atom seems to be the expected behavior in this case.

Thanks,
Cinthya