[gme-users] Attaching a Decorator to a top-level model (model sheet)

Cinthya Lopez Cinthya_K_Lopez at raytheon.com
Tue Nov 13 10:30:07 CST 2018

Hello,

I have implemented a Decorator that captures the mouse double-click event and the mouse right-click event to access a context menu item I created. I have been using this decorator with atoms in my model with no problems. Now, I am trying to attach the same decorator to a top-level model (what I mean by top-level is that there is no object drawn for the model, the model can just be viewed as a sheet). I am able to attach this decorator to other non top-level models and I am able to see my context menu item when I right-click. I don't expect the double-click event to work in model since that event is already being used to open a model but I do expect the context menu item to show.

My question is: why doesn't my context menu item show when I right-click on my top-level model? I am right-clicking on a black space on the model sheet it this case. Is this a special case? Do I need to create a separate decorator? My current decorator inherits from IMgaElementDecorator and I am using all the functionality of the MGA.BoxDecorator except the two mouse events I am interest in.

Thank you,
Cinthya