[gme-users] Lesson 8 - Building Java Based Interpreters

Marcus Brumfield mib21 at msstate.edu
Tue Nov 13 21:33:39 CST 2018

Hello All,

I am currently going through the GME tutorial for Lesson 8 - Building Java
Based Interpreters. I am using Eclipse to create a project. So far I have a
class (MyBONComponent.java) that implements BONComponent, where I used the
code from TestBONComponent.class.

My problem is registering the Java component. The full path of
MyBONComponent.java is C:\Users\mib21\Documents\GME\src\gmetutorial, where
gmetutorial is the package. When I ran JavaCompRegister.exe, I used
C:\Users\mib21\Documents\GME\src for the ClassPath and
gmetutorial.MyBONComponent.java as the Class. I am getting an error in GME
that states, "Component execution failed: Class not registered:
'Mga.Interpreter.MyBONComponent'". Has anyone ran across this issue? If so,
how can this be resolved?

--
Marcus I. Brumfield