[great-users] RE: Great Q

Aditya Agrawal Aditya at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 6 12:53:39 CST 2004

Dear Tivadar,

I tried the transformation, it works on my machine. However, I can point out one semantic mistake in the rule you have created. You cannot have a composition be create new while the composed object be bound. That's illegal.

Now back your problem. You said that when you try to run the engine the make file gives an error message.

1. Do you have Visual Studio 6 with Service pack 5?
2. Did you add the <Visual Studio dir>\VC98\Bin to the user or system path?

These are the most common problems we have seen if this doesn't solve the problem could you please run the command line version of the engine and see what happens. Go to the directory where the config file is and type

GRE config.mga

I hope that helps,
Adi

Aditya Agrawal