[great-users] Great bugs

Feng Shi fengshi at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 29 11:02:55 CST 2004

Gabor,

Please see my reply below.

Thanks,
Feng

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabor Madl
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 10:48 AM
To: great-users at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: [great-users] Great bugs

Hi,

I found a couple bugs:

- I ran into the same problem as Tivadar: GReAT returns a makefile error
if the project is on a different drive than the GReAT installation.
- If in your GReAT model Configurations/FileType/FileObject/ObjectPath
is empty GReAT crashes
>> Right now, this must be presented from the root of the data network
to the class which the start object belongs to even if it is the. This
will be used to bind the start object when runs the transformation.
Consider most of the usage is from the root, we can consider using the
default when the ObjectPath is empty.

Adi, Attila, how about your opinion? When the ObjectPath is empty, do
you think it's better to treat it as default root or report as an error
information?

- If in your GReAT model Configurations/FileType/Root class name? is
incorrect GReAT crashes
>> This not bug. It should be correct name for Root class name field.
But I agree with you that some help info should be presented there for
user.

I guess it would be worthwhile to go through the GReAT code again and
check for empty strings before using them and try some error
handling/reporting because these problems can be really annoying.