[great-users] Great bugs

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 29 12:04:01 CST 2004

- If in your GReAT model Configurations/FileType/FileObject/ObjectPath
is empty GReAT crashes
>> Right now, this must be presented from the root of the data network
to the class which the start object belongs to even if it is the. This
will be used to bind the start object when runs the transformation.
Consider most of the usage is from the root, we can consider using the
default when the ObjectPath is empty.

Adi, Attila, how about your opinion? When the ObjectPath is empty, do
you think it's better to treat it as default root or report as an error
information?

ATTILA:
CG throws the CGEx exception and the following message goes into
TranslatorLog.txt:
	"FATAL: Empty object path found in transformation input of
configuration file."

- If in your GReAT model Configurations/FileType/Root class name? is
incorrect GReAT crashes
>> This not bug. It should be correct name for Root class name field.
But I agree with you that some help info should be presented there for
user.

ATTILA:
Currently there is no check performed by CG for the correctness of root
class name as comparing to the root class name in the corresponding meta
file. The philosophy is that this should be actually checked by the
GreATConfig interpreter, because if this is checked by CG, then all
class
names (e.g. pattern object names) should be checked for consistency as
well.
However, there is check against discrepancy between the first element in
the object path and the root class name. These two must match. If not,
you get the CGEx exception, and the following message goes into
TranslatorLog.txt:
	"FATAL: Root object type mismatch error. Root in usage info: "+
objectType+ " Root in meta info: "+ root

-Attila