[great-users] Bug on createnew association: Exception: Object handle is null

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Sat Jun 5 15:05:19 CDT 2004

Hi all,
the rule shown in the attachment gives an exeception: Object handle is
null.
I'm quite sure it's a bug, at least present in my GReAT version: 1.2.4
(unofficial release)
If I output the patternclasses which are to be associated, and I link
them in the following rule, the problem disappears. If I CreateNew the
ComponentDef and Bound the ComponentInstance, again the problem disappears.

The error message is the same I had reported some days ago but the
situation is totally different here. This is a different issue.

I have a zip file with all the necessary files for the GReAT
transformation for reproducing the bug.
Should I send the zip to anyone?

TIA
Gabriele