[great-users] Ignore thread! Was my mistake (was: Bug on createnew association: Exception: Object handle is null)

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jun 6 00:55:56 CDT 2004

Sorry, I "debugged" the thing and it turned out to be my mistake.
I was using a "PatternAssociation" in the CrossLink diagram, instead of
an "Association". Graphically they are equal, so I didn't spot the
difference with other associations which were working correctly.

But when I generated the cpp code, the error message pointed me to the
right direction. I then understood that the problem was with the
CrossLinks, but to see that I had mistaken the association type I had to
export the GReAT transformation to .xme and then open it with Notepad to
see in the xml what was the difference between the association which
worked and the one which didn't!
LOL!

:-(

A different color of the lines for the Association, to distinguish it
from the PatternAssociation, might be appreciated for future versions :-)

Regards
Gabriele Trombetti