[great-users] RE: OTIF Translator exception

Andrews, Christopher christopher.andrews at lmco.com
Wed Jun 23 14:43:18 CDT 2004

Well, I'm back on the OTIF translator exception problem.  I tried the
latest and greatest versions of GREAT, OTIF, and UDM (as of Monday the
21st).  I do get further.  It no longer throws the
Translator::constructor exception.  However, I get the following instead
(taken from my backplane log):

[Backplane::06/23/04 13:06:24.509] translator handle: 456
[PICML2iUML Translator::06/23/04 13:06:24.993] UDMCORBA exception:
Fatal exception in the corba_startup function.
[PICML2iUML Translator::06/23/04 13:06:24.993] UDMcorba Error Fatal
exception in the corba_startup function.

Any clues as to what might be going on here?  Please test this on your
end.  I sent you the files the other day, but if you need them again,
please contact me.

I did uninstall all old versions of software, re-imported and
re-registered all paradigms, updated the paradigms in the Great
transformation model, replaced the old PCIML.xml and iUMLParadim.xml
files in the OTIF\bin\paradigms with new versions, and ran the UDM.exe
-m -c on the .udm file from Great.  In other words, I refreshed
everything I could find that is used here.

The transformation works from a PICML based mga file to an iUMLParadigm
based mga file.  It is just when I put it thru OTIF that I get this
problem.

-Chris