[great-users] GME UDM OTIF GReAT MSVC++ dependencies

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:27:04 CST 2004

Hi all,
please excuse the big crosspost

I will need to use OTIF and probably also GReAT to make an integration
between [(CADML or CoSMIC) and Cadena].
As it seems, not all versions of the various tools can be used with all
version of other tools, right...

I would need to know the dependencies which exist among the tools. Some
that I have found seem to be these:
OTIF -> GME3
OTIF -> UDM
UDM -> GME3
GReAT -> GME3.10.13
GReAT -> Visual C++ 6 (SP 5)
GME3 -> Visual C++ 6 (for the interpreters)

Are these dependencies correct? Are there others?

So it seems that there is no way for me to use GME4 and/or Visual Studio
7, right?

Thanks in advance
Gabriele Trombetti

PS: it would be a good thing if you could support Visual C++ 7 because
VC++6 is nonstandard and buggy and the template recursion depth is very
shallow, being around 5 (as opposed to the standard 17 by VC++7) so
there is no way to instantiate a somewhat complicated recursive
template. STLPort itself works by miracle.