[great-users] thesis on MDA

Olaf Muliawan olaf.muliawan at ua.ac.be
Thu Sep 16 18:40:14 CDT 2004

Dear Aditya,

I'm a student at the Universiteit Antwerpen in Belgium and doing a thesis on
MDA. It concerns the case-study of "Write Once, Deploy N" in the specific
context of generating ears for different application platforms and thus with
different deployment files. The way the problem is tackled is with a series
of transformations and that's where GReAT comes in. But I have still a few
questions.

<excerpt>
Dear Halit,

I would like to thank you for your interest in GReAT and would like to
apologize for the late response.

If you want to create GReAT transformations programmatically you can
generate the XML version of the GReAT program. This XML file is not
compliant with XMI. XMI can be used in the GReAT process to specify the
metamodels for the source and target.

The best way to create GReAT programs programmatically is to use an API
designed for this purpose. I am also forwarding this mail to the GReAT users
mailing list so that other members of the GReAT team can add their comment.

I would recommend you subscribing to the list as it will help you get the
information faster. To subscribe please visit
http://list.isis.vanderbilt.edu/mailman/listinfo/great-users

Thanks,
Adi