[great-users] ForEachPacket?

Aditya Agrawal aagrawa at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 23 10:32:59 CDT 2004

Dear Gabriele

The semantics of the test block with the "for each packet"= true is:

1. All incoming packets to the test are considered one at a time.
2. For each packet the cases are evaluated one by one.
3. The success of the case is determined on a per packet basis and the
packets are then routed accordingly.

The semantics of the test block with "for each packet" = false is:

1. All in coming packets are passed to the first case.
2. If even one case generates a successful match then the case is
considered successful and only the successful packets will be passed
through.
3. If a cut is enabled in the case, even the packets which failed the case
will not be tested.

for each packet = true is equivalent to the ForBlock while the for each
packet = false is equivalent to the ForBlock.

I hope this explains it.

Thanks,
Adi

Aditya Agrawal