[great-users] Editing the GME registry in GReAT

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:43:11 CDT 2004

*       As far as I recall, in the UML diagram you can prefix an
attribute with the "registry" keyword (similar to the "volatile").

*       That causes the attribute to be persisted in the GME registry.

Sandeep, how would this look in the attribute mapping code?  Do I
actually hand-edit the classes in the UML diagram of my destination
metamodel to add in the registry keys prefixed by the registry keyword,
and then assign values to those keys using the normal UDM API calls for
assigning values to attributes?

What I need to do is create new varying numbers of registry nodes for
some objects in my destination model depending on patterns that I will
match in my source model.  I will make up names for the registry keys
based on the patterns as well.  Is this possible with UDM?

--

Sandeep Neema

Research Scientist,

Institute of Software Integrated Systems, Vanderbilt University

Phone: 615-343-9996

Email: sandeep.k.neema at vanderbilt.edu