[great-users] "Com exception: Object cannot be changed"

Tivadar Szemethy tiv at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 7 17:27:50 CDT 2005

Hello,

In a GReAT transformation, I have to make temporary modifications to my src model in order to make further processing easier.
However, some of the objects in the src are Instances (as in General Properties/Type in the Attribute Panel in GME) of other objects defined in a "Model Library" folder in the src model.

As I understand, instances cannot be modified.
Therefore, I need to come up with a GReAT rule, which:

a) checks whether the object in question is an Instance or not
b) if it is, returns the corresponding "Template" object which can be modified

How do I do this ?

Thanks,

Tivadar