[great-users] cardinality problems

Tivadar Szemethy tiv at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 19 10:25:30 CDT 2005

Hi again,

First of all, thanks Adi for your help with my earlier problem.

Here's another one :)  I'd like to "optimize" a graph:
- if there are nodes A, B, C and they are connected like A - B - C and B has exactly one incoming and exactly one outgoing edge, then replace this by A - C

I created the attached examples (using the House meta from the GReAT examples), the example contains 2 different attempts to achieve the same goal.

 <<Transf.xme>>  <<House.xme>>

The first one hangs the interpreter, and the second one (the same rule broken into 2 parts) returns with "Exception: Com Exception: The object is deleted partially inaccessible."

What's wrong here ?

Thanks,
Tivadar