[great-users] Code Generation using GREAT

Abdullah Sowayan sowayaa at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 19 15:08:11 CDT 2005

Hi,

I never used GREAT before for code generation. However, I did use UDM for that in the past. If I remember correctly, in UDM you pass -v as a parameter so that it would generate an abstract visitor base class.

I was looking at the GREAT user's manual (section 3.2: Transforming GME models to text). Step2 says to create a UML diagram in GME that is close to the text structure. Step4 says to attach this UML diagram to the GREAT transformation project.

1) How do you attach it? Or should I create the UML diagram in the GREAT project?

2) I looked at the UDM generated code, it does not generate a visitor class.

3) I would like the outcome of the transformation to be the text that I desire. How can I specify in GREAT which visitor to use?

4) Is there an example I could look at for this kind of application.

Thanks,

Abdul