[great-users] Master interpreter problems

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 16 17:27:00 CDT 2005

The GReAT Master interpreter invokes multiple interpreters to produce
intermediate files necessary for executing the transformation.
To figure out which interpreter invokation failed, please do the following:
1. Set 'Config file path name' attribute of Configuration model to
'c:\program files\isis\great\samples\house2order\config.mga'
2. Clink on the 'i' button on the GME toolbar, and select UML2XML from
the list, and press 'Interpret...' This invokes the UML2XML interpreter.
If you get an error, stop here, otherwise proceed to step 3.
3. Clink on the 'i' button on the toolbar, and invoke 'Generate GR'
interpreter. If you get an error, stop here, otherwise proceed to the
next step.
4. Clink on the 'i' button on the toolbar, and invoke 'Generate GRC'
interpreter. If you get an error, stop here, otherwise proceed to the
next step.
5. Clink on the 'i' button on the toolbar, and invoke 'Generate Config'
interpreter. If you get an error, stop here, otherwise proceed to the
next step.

I suspect that it is the UML2XML interpreter that causes the problem.
Go to 'c:\program files\isis\udm\bin, and open UML2XML.dll with the
Dependency Walker tool (which comes with VS6). Check, if all
dependencies resolve correctly by navigating the dependency tree.

We have not tested Great on Windows 2000, which is quite deprecated in
2005. You might want to upgrade to Windows XP.
But please let me know the outcome of the experiment above.

Thanks,
Attila