[great-users] matching archetypes

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 5 12:02:20 CDT 2005

I would like to construct a GReAT rule which takes as input a class and
then if the input is a GME type-instance outputs the instance's
archetype using the normal GReAT data flow ports. Then, in a rule
further downstream, I could bind to the archetype and do things with it.

I know that it's possible to find the archetype of a GME type-instance
using the UDM APIs in side of an AttributeMapping block. Is it also
possible to pass objects to an output port of a GReAT rule from within
an Attribute Mapping block?

Matt Emerson

ISIS-Vanderbilt University