[great-users] UML class diagrams with GME

Aditya Agrawal aagrawa at us.ibm.com
Tue May 10 09:14:27 CDT 2005

Dear Ozer,

You are correct in your assessment. In order to have function definitions
as well you will need to extend the UML metamodel that ships with GME.

You can do this by opening the UML metamodel, found in the C:\Program
Files\GME\Paradigms\UML\UMLMeta.mga, and modifying it or by attaching the
UML meta as a library in a new metamodel and extending it.

Thanks,
Adi

-----------------------------------
Aditya Agrawal
Researcher
IBM T. J. Watson
mailto:aagrawa at us.ibm.com
+1 (914) 784-6068 (TL 863)

great-users-bounces at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu wrote on 05/10/2005 09:13:08
AM:

> Association, inheritance etc are all OK. But what about function
> definitions of a class? Classes in that GME's UML model has only
> attributes, we can not specify the functions of a class. Am I wrong?
>
> On 09 May 2005 17:00 EEST you wrote:
>
> > Hi Ozer. GME ships with a UML class diagrams modeling environment. It
> > should pre-registered when you install GME. It captures classes,
simple
> > associations, association classes, constraints, inheritance, and
> > composition.
> >
> > --Matt

UML